[Foundation-l] National Portrait Gallery

John at Darkstar vacuum at jeb.no
Fri Jul 17 21:26:11 UTC 2009

If we forget about politics and who-did-what, what is the common grounds
between "us" and "them"? To me it seems like they want us to use their
material, but that they are scared to let go of a possible income. This
seems fairly similar to the Galleri NOR -case.

Would it be possible for us to define an acceptable resolution that is
also acceptable for them? They have a lot more material available and to
me the whole thing seems to be less than optimum for both parties. They
want to get the material known, but also have the option to sell high
resolution versions. We want to illustrate articles, but have no need to
sell our copies, neither do we need highres versions - we infact
downsample the versions.

John