[Foundation-l] Announcing Eugene Eric Kim as the Strategy Plan Project Manager

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 13 17:00:37 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I am delighted to announce that Wikimedia's collaborative strategy
development project, which was first discussed here on this list a few
months ago, will be led by Eugene Eric Kim.

Eugene is principal and co-founder of Blue Oxen Associates
<http://blueoxen.com/>, a San Francisco-based socially-conscious
consulting firm that focuses on understanding and improving how people
collaborate. He's worked at all levels of the collaborative process,
from strategy development to facilitation. His past clients have
included People for the American Way, NASA, the Institute for
International Education, Socialtext, and the Sierra Club.

Eugene is also a long-time member of the Wiki community. He is the
co-author of PurpleWiki, he spoke at the first Wikimania in Frankfurt,
he was a keynote speaker at WikiSym 2006, and he was one of the
instigators of the first RecentChangesCamp.

Eugene will start today, July 13.  He'll work in our San Francisco
office. He will report to me, and the project's Facilitator and
Research Analyst will report to him.

I expect he'll take the first few weeks to catch up on the thinking
that's been done so far, and you'll start hearing from him soon. We
expect planning to take a few months, and the project itself will
likely formally kick off shortly after Wikimania.

I am thrilled to have Eugene join us for the strategy project, the
Wikimedia Foundation's top priority in 2009-10.  His wealth of
experience and his deep understanding of our world make him a perfect
partner to lead this project on our behalf.  Please join me in
congratulating and welcoming him.  Also, my thanks to Erik Moeller and
Jennifer Riggs for sitting on the hiring committee.

Thanks,
Sue

--
Sue Gardner
Executive Director

415 839 6885 office

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!