No subject

Thu Jul 2 21:27:13 UTC 2009

annotations about a work with the digital copy. I would argue that this is
something that we should do with all our material. The annotations that
exist about a work, the references to the GLAM (galleries libraries archives
museums) are as important to us as they are to anyone else. It is in the
annotations, the rreferences to the GLAM where the original can be found
that provides the provenance that gives assurance that the image is a
truthful depiction of whatever it is supposed to be.

These annotations are as important as citations in our Wikipedia articles.

The copyright notices are relatively important but not relevant from a
content point of view./
Thanks,
     GerardM