[Foundation-l] About that "sue and be damned" to the NationalPortrait Gallery ...

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 09:22:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 2:11 AM, Tom Maaswinkel<tom.maaswinkel at 12wiki.eu> wrote:
> The part I am talking about is the part where they say that they want to
> talk to the Wikimedia Fundation to have a discussion about making
> low-resolution images of paintings in its collection available!

Incidentally, the NPG appears to have removed the zoomify feature from
their website (or at least it wasn't present on the sample of images I
looked at).  As a result, it would appear that WMF presently has more
detailed images on Commons than are available in any form on NPG's
website.  In the typical case, our images appear to be 3 or 4 times
larger in linear dimension than the largest view they currently make
available.

-Robert Rohde