[Foundation-l] mo.wikipedia is not yet renamed to mo-cyrill as it was promised !!

Cetateanu Moldovanu cetateanumd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:47:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:06 PM, John Doe <phoenixoverride at gmail.com>wrote:

consider that these developers run one of the top ten websites on the

I didn't try to underestimate the *importance* of wikipedia.
It just uber-ridicule that a rename of subdomain (even with all those
sub-things) can take more than 7 months..
In this span of time someone motivated can launch a new wikipedia (I talk
about the software), on the Internet things are happen fast.

I don't try to underestimate your work, but I think you could do those
things faster..

And yes, wikipedia is one of "top ten websites", so much power, normally,
that should involve you are more responsible, but I don't have such a
feeling.

Hopefully you can give to this *little* thing a higher priority, or maybe
you should hire more devs, you are a "top ten websites" or what the hell.

Deletion altogether of this subdomain is also acceptable, no point of
keeping a dead locked wikipedia on a subdomain. (and you still link it from
the first page of wikipedia..how ignorant can you be..).

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:

> If there is one thing I've learned so far in my short life, it is that
> patience is among the greatest virtues and that politeness will
> usually get me much further than demands.

As I said before, I'm a developer my self, and I know from my "experience",
when something is not demanded, it is never implemented.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 12:25 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am. Nobody cares, approximately.

Your point was very valuable to this thread, thank you. Amazingly, you
"don't care" but you still wrote.

I care (my friends cares, my parents cares, my neighbours cares), and I will
write as many time it will need.