[Foundation-l] About that "sue and be damned" to the National Portrait Gallery ...

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 08:00:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Geoffrey Plourde<geo.plrd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dcoetzee cannot comply, as the deletions would result in the loss of his admin bit.

Somehow I doubt they really want wiki-deletion anyway.

To "permanently delete from the hard drive of your computer (or any
computer upon which you or anyone from the Wikiemedia Foundation have
stored them) all images that you have derived from our client’s
website" would really require not just the admin bit, but rather
someone at the WMF going in and erasing the files directly so that
they can never be undeleted.

-Robert Rohde