[Foundation-l] About that "sue and be damned" to the National Portrait Gallery ...

Geoffrey Plourde geo.plrd at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 02:02:12 UTC 2009

First, I doubt that the FBI would investigate a barratry complaint (Counselors, does such a provision exist in the US Code?) If they did, the courts would be reluctant to actually hear such a case because the person being prosecuted would actually have to be present to answer to the charges. I highly suspect that the UK would snicker at any such extradition request.

Second, IANAL but have never heard of someone being stopped for civil judgments at the airport. If they attempt to file a criminal case for copyright infringement, you would have a problem.