[Foundation-l] mo.wikipedia is not yet renamed to mo-cyrill as it was promised !!

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 21:44:49 UTC 2009

If there is one thing I've learned so far in my short life, it is that
patience is among the greatest virtues and that politeness will
usually get me much further than demands.

There are of course situations where it is necessary to be firm,
however this is not one of them considering the power dynamic. If I
want a developer to do something for me, the last thing I will do is
demand they do it (mind you it's been several years since I asked
anything of them as far as I can remember). It's certainly possible
that they will forget about my request so I may remind them from time
to time, but it's essential to recognize that they are very busy
people, an already-locked Wikipedia with only several hundred articles
is understandably going to be much lower on their list of priorities
than problems involving the heavy traffic Wikis such as en.wp or
de.wp.

I'm not suggesting that anybody ignore the issue, just that a
different approach be taken to resolution.

Mark