[Foundation-l] Recommending a Browser for High Quality Ogg Theora Video Support

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 10:14:32 UTC 2009

2009/7/10 Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>:

> Whether for this or for other purposes, we need a tracking wiki page
> that has a super-compact table of current browser support for
> HTML5/Ogg Vorbis and Theora. Is there such a table already?

Here it is, it's pretty simple:

Browser       | Supports Theora in <video>?
Firefox 3.5   | Yes
All others    | No

As I noted, trying to pretend otherwise in an attempt not to point out
that precisely one browser in fact does the job, and it happens to be
quite a popular one, is indulging in misleading pseudo-neutrality.

- d.