[Foundation-l] Quality of community-created help pages (was: Recommending a Browser...)

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 04:57:43 UTC 2009

Cross-posting to Wikien-l...

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Erik Moeller<erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately,
> community-created help pages tend to accumulate vast amounts of
> instruction cruft that distracts from simple high-level information.

Maybe it's time English Wikipedia (at least) created a set of
standards for help pages and a process for identifying good ones.
"Manual of Style (help pages)", "Helpful help page candidates" and
"What is a helpful help page?", anyone?  (The latter two are only half
facetious; the first is probably a good idea, although I would have no
idea where to start.)

-Sage (User:Ragesoss)