[Foundation-l] A chapters-related question

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:20:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Thomas Dalton<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know the details of the "catalan case" and I think it is
> probably quite different to the "Welsh case"

As far as I know, you're right -- they are very different. :-)  My
understanding of the "catalan case" is that a group of people want to
make a Catalan-language-type chapter, where it is registered in one
country but can carry out activities in other areas where the Catalan
language is widely used.  (They run into a small problem when these
areas are located in countries that already have chapters (fr/it) and
ones that might have them in the future (es).)

The Meta page will probably give a better explanation for those
interested: <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_in_Catalan>

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023