[Foundation-l] Fwd: How do you fully consult the community consensus?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 14:52:38 UTC 2009

2009/7/3 Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com>:

> {{qif}} was being used massively, even if the majority of the community
> didn't know about it (or care). It supported their work and allowed them
> to do the things with templates that they needed in articles. I would
> argue these complex templates came from the community's needs.

Your last sentence is key here. Templates that present a (relatively)
simple interface but have complex plumbing to do cool things are
much-wanted and much-needed.

However, the ParserFunctions language sucks because it was made up as
it goes along and resembles nothing so much as an [[esoteric
programming language]]. A better language will make it easier to
program templates that do complex things with a simple interface.

- d.