[Foundation-l] Fwd: How do you fully consult the community consensus?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 15:09:00 UTC 2009

2009/7/2 Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu>:
> As the projects have grown and as they have become more centrally managed in
> a top down fashion it has become increasingly difficult for ideas to
> percolate from the bottom up.

In my experience, the opposite has happened. As the projects have
grown the community has taken a larger and larger role in running them
(the top hasn't grown fast enough to continue running them effectively
if it wanted to). A good example of that is Jimmy's involvement on the
English Wikipedia, it has been reducing steadily since he founded the
project.