[Foundation-l] Are model releases required for 'Free' content? (was: Sexual Content on Wikimedia)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:32:49 UTC 2009

2009/1/31 Peter Jacobi <pjacobi.de at googlemail.com>:
> David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I didn't add "(or are supposed to be)". Now I'm wondering if I was
>> thinking of the personality rights tag.

> Can you please give an example link to the tag you are talking about?

This is the personality rights tag:

 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Personality_rights

This is the category of restrictions templates:

 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Restriction_tags

Possibly I was thinking of the note about model rights in the reuse page:

 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/COM:REUSE

So if there isn't a tag warning in general about model rights
(assuming reusers aren't reading all of Commons, they're just looking
at an image page, seeing the licence and going "ooh I can use that" as
Virgin did with the CC-by-sa pic they reused) - is a tag warning that,
duh, you have to take care with pictures of people worthwhile?

(cc to commons-l)

- d.