[Foundation-l] Commons and The Year of the Picture

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Wed Jan 28 20:20:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hoi,
> In your post the crucial bit is that a liability results as a consequence
> of an invoice from either the Wikimedia Foundation or from a WMF chapter.

False.

"Furthermore, while WMF *may* be safe from attack on the grounds that *it*
is both non-profit and at arms length from the transaction itself, things
are certainly less clear for the commercial printer who could well find
themselves in serious trouble. What contract(s) are in place to cover WMF &
its chapter(s) in the case that such a supplier (rightly?) seeks recourse
because we have made such material available to them?"

Sam