[Foundation-l] Commons and The Year of the Picture

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Wed Jan 28 12:21:12 UTC 2009

2009/1/28 Sam Johnston <samj at samj.net>:

>> Material in the public domain or under a fully free licence does not
>> require any kind of fair use consideration.
>
> I'm not talking about genuinely free material, I'm talking about protected
> (copyrighted/trademarked) material being uploaded by others - for example a
> periodic table of elements or medical charts which would normally be subject
> to deletion (except that they are currently immediately available for
> sale!).

I'm a little confused - surely we would delete this stuff whether or
not there's a "buy a print now" clickthrough button? I can't see
anyone arguing to keep it because they want to run off a poster...

(and to a degree this is rendered moot by that helpful "lowest useful
resolution" requirement of the unfree material rules)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk