[Foundation-l] Agreement between WMF and O'Reilly Media about Wikipedia: The Missing Manual on Wikipedia?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:28:20 UTC 2009

2009/1/28 Andrew Gray <andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk>:
> 2009/1/28 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
>
>> Copyright issues mean that it will be heading for deletio n once we
>> switch toi CC-BY-SA-3.0.
>
> Yes, along with all the other imported GFDL material... oh, wait,
> sorry, I mean all the material which a contributor has chosen to
> license under GFDL 1.2 or later... oh, wait. How is this a special
> case?
>
> The CC switch, when and if it happens, will be complex enough without
> inventing extra problems!

It is imported GFDL material. Which is a problem. Normaly we have very
little imported stuff so not something I worry about overmuch but
someone might want to give a heads up to the publishing company and
author that we will be looking to switch it (and since it is imported
we can't do that automagicaly).

--
geni