[Foundation-l] Wikia leasing office space to WMF

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 21:49:49 UTC 2009

Hoi,
Having an office close to the main office, having an environment that is
shared with colleagues who way are sharing their impressive usability
improvements are tangible benefits. The cost of the office space conforms to
market rates.

The natural state of these discussions is that there are always people
pissing in the wind. That spoils things somewhat.

The benefits of this deal are quite obvious and material. The work done both
by Wikia and Wikimedia Foundation is open source. Both organisations will
benefit because of the new emphasis on usability. It is the WMF that
benefits most because they have to catch up. Wikia will only start to
benefit when their usability improvements are adopted. Some of the Wikia
improvemets will be more then welcome.
Thanks,
      GerardM