[Foundation-l] Wikia leasing office space to WMF

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Fri Jan 23 20:46:52 UTC 2009

Nathan wrote:
> Out of curiosity, will the cost of leasing the space be deducted from the
> usability grant funds?

Normal overhead costs were budgeted into the grant from the beginning.
That's one of the reasons we're not using it to hire 30 developers at
$30,000 a year, but setting more realistic goals for it. While I can't
say exactly offhand what the accounting mechanics will be, the lease
should have no negative effect, either on our ability to execute the
usability grant as intended, or on the use of unrestricted donations for
the normal purposes of the foundation.

--Michael Snow