[Foundation-l] Wikia leasing office space to WMF

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Fri Jan 23 20:31:49 UTC 2009

I do not assume bad faith - by assuming I assume bad faith you are assuming
bad faith.

Your close critics are often your best friends. So long as they aren't
threatening legal action or forwarding their criticisms to the press, they
are forcing you to introspect and determine whether there really is a
problem.

I believe I have been openly critical of Wikia since the idea was first
presented. It's been several years since I commented on Wikia, and my
attitudes on it haven't really changed. I believe the project would have
been more successful if headed up by the Foundation. I could engage in a
lively debate as to whether or not the content of those projects are
educational. It's really a level of analysis fallacy that your making here.

Name a resource that hasn't been shared by the Foundation and Wikia.