[Foundation-l] Wikia leasing office space to WMF

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Fri Jan 23 20:09:08 UTC 2009

The Foundation was searching for rooms because the current rooms are
already quite crowded (everyone who had visited the office can confirm
this) and because we will start the usability project we are going to
hire three more developers.

Thus the Foundation has either to lease offices in the vincinity or have
to move completely into a new, bigger site. The Foundation has set up a
list of criterias in search: First of all, move to a new site is more
costly than lease additional office. Second the office that are searched
should be near the main office, for better communication and tech
supports. Third the office must have sufficiant tech infrastructures.
And naturally it should be of a convinient price.

After checking many possibilities at last the Foundation had decided to
lease the offices from Wikia, mainly because all criterias above fills
at best by the Wikia site. The lease contract is a standard contract
with no additional terms. The lease price is average SF lease price. It
is directly beside the main office and it provides the infrastructure we
need.

That's all. There are no other things running here.

The board was informed about the searching of additional or new office
while its October 2008 meeting and was informed about the leasing of the
Wikia office in its January meeting. And if someone is interested in
this: I am told that Jimmy is not involved in this matter, neither on
the WMF side nor on the Wikia side.

Ting