[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Jan 23 15:38:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Anthony writes:
> > Just because a right isn't recognized, does not mean that I do not
> > have it.
>
> I have a right to your house.   Oh, sure, it's not recognized by
> anyone, but I promise I have it!

Why would you call it *my* house, then?

In any case, moral rights are recognized by many people, just not
indisputably under Florida law.

> Sometimes I wonder whether you're being intentionally obtuse.  How
> > in the
> > world could a lawyer familiar with constitutional law not know that?
> > Seriously, that's appalling.
>
> I suppose it is appalling to anyone who cherishes naive notions about
> the meaning of a specialized term like "moral rights" that other
> people may choose not to employ them naively. To be frank, those of us
> who actually have to work with such terms don't have the luxury of
> using them sloppily and naively.

I see, so you *were* being intentionally obtuse.  To try to teach me a
lesson.  I have to admit I'm glad that's what it was.  To have to conclude
that you were a complete dolt would have been much more shocking than the
conclusion that you're a troll.

And I did learn a lesson.  I learned about your ignorance of right and
wrong, and got a glimpse of the nihilism it stems from.