[Foundation-l] [Wikipedia-l] vro

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Fri Jan 23 14:42:06 UTC 2009

Lars Aronsson hett schreven:
> I'm not talking about dialects or legal standing. I'm talking
> about renaming thousands of URLs, breaking incoming links from
> other websites, for no good reason.
After a rename the old link will stay as a redirect and won't change for
a long time (at least several years) to give people time to attune to
the new code. I think, everybody agrees on that.

For some years 'no' would be a redirect just as 'nb' is a redirect to
'no' now. When in several years the new code is generally accepted and
used by everyone only some links from very old webpages will point to
'no'. 'no' could then turn into a page saying "Bokmal Wikipedia is
hosted under nb, please update your links. You will be redirected in a
few seconds." and after yet another year or so it will become a portal
linking to all Norwegian projects. It won't be an abrupt or disruptive
change.

Marcus Buck