[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Jan 23 13:35:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> >> If you define "nontrivial" for me, that should not be too hard...
> >
> > Nikola's cutoff above was "If all edits shorter than 10 characters are
> > excluded..." - this sounds not unreasonable, since adding three words
> > or more will take you over it.
>
> In the vast majority of cases, that will work fine. There will be the
> odd edit where less than 10 characters is significant (especially is
> the user has made lots of short edits), but probably not many. It may
> be "reasonable" to neglect those few corner cases.

Especially if you include a URL to the full detail *as well*.

Of course, the tool should be updated as the technology improves.  10
characters or the details of the tool shouldn't be spelled out somewhere
irrevocably.

And there should probably be some mechanism to manually override it in
corner cases.