[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Fri Jan 23 11:22:26 UTC 2009

2009/1/23 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.yu>:

> Article length was 82028 bytes, and length of contributors' names is 650 bytes
> (or 0.8% of the article's length). If that would be printed in an
> encyclopedic format, the article would take some more than ten pages, and the
> list of authors would take 10 rows, if printed in a slightly smaller font. To
> me, this looks reasonable.

It's a lot less unreasonable than many suggestions! :-)

I wonder - would it be possible to get some kind of script set up to
take, say, a thousand of our most popular articles and tell us what
the "cite all named authors who make nontrivial contributions" result
would be like? This might be a useful bit of data...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk