[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 04:22:13 UTC 2009

Anthony wrote:

> Now, personally, the way I read "reasonable to the medium or means You are
> utilitzing", I think it means "what is reasonably necessary to provide
> proper attribution", not "what is reasonably necessary to maximize reuse".
> Erik seems to be pushing for the latter interpretation.

Without stipulating that that is what Erik really wants, I
will just say that I fear what he has been so far proposing,
in the absolute will not accomplish that end.

Instead it can completely prevent some reuse of material
derived from wikipedia. That is prevent reuse of reused
wikipedia material, breaking the viral nature of the inherent
"copyleft"; in those jurisdictions where moral rights are
inalienable. At least that is my understanding. I of course
Am Not a Lawyer.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen