[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:51:24 UTC 2009

2009/1/22 Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org>:

> Anthony writes:
>
>> Come to think of it, forking under GFDL 1.3 would probably be the most
>> appropriate.  Then, since Wikipedia intends to dual-license new
>> content, new
>> Wikipedia content could be incorporated into the fork, but new forked
>> content couldn't be incorporated into Wikipedia.
>
> You haven't reviewed the FAQ.  As Richard Stallman explains, CC-BY-SA-
> only changes, including imports from external sources, will bind
> Wikipedia and re-users of Wikipedia content.

I think it's obvious Anthony means "almost all new Wikipedia content"
- CC-BY-SA only edits obviously can't be used under GFDL, do you
really think Anthony's that stupid or are you just taking every
opportunity you can to resort to (somewhat subtle, I'll grant you) ad
hominem attacks because you know you're talking nonsense?