[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Jan 22 21:40:01 UTC 2009

2009/1/22 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> 2009/1/22 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
>> So what exactly is the problem with requiring credit "reasonable to
>> the medium or means"?

> The fact that we don't seem to be able to agree on what is reasonable.

I agree that at least the varied interpretations of 'reasonable'
expressed in this thread indicate a need for a more explicit approach.
Whether such different perceptions are as wide-spread in the broader
author community as they are here is not clear.

I will begin thinking about how a consultative survey could be
constructed to help inform the process in a timely fashion.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation