[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 21:06:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/22 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
>> So what exactly is the problem with requiring credit "reasonable to
>> the medium or means"?
>
> The fact that we don't seem to be able to agree on what is reasonable.
> (It would be nice if we could agree it between us rather than having
> to go to court over it...)

Therein lies the problem with using terms like "reasonable" in a legal
document. It's a subjective term, and there are plenty of definitions
that are going to work for some people and not others. Arguing over
what is and what is not reasonable is a wasted exercise: The best we
can do it put the issue to a vote and go with the opinion expressed by
the voting majority.

--Andrew Whitworth