[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Thu Jan 22 19:16:43 UTC 2009

Milos Rancic wrote:
> * If it is about printed work, it should point at least to the
> appropriate printed work. It is really not any kind of reasonable
> solution to allow pointing from less advanced medium to more advanced
> medium.

Independent of the relicensing debate, I don't understand this comment
at all. Printed works very commonly include URLs to point people to
material that is online. Some amount of adjustment has been involved as
people sorted out the issues involved, but at this point it's quite
routine. So I don't see why we should imagine for ourselves a rule
against pointing to the web from print. (Or vice versa, for those people
who think Wikipedia citations have to be to something available online.)

--Michael Snow