[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Thu Jan 22 18:43:48 UTC 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 00:20:14 Erik Moeller wrote:
> The attribution issue is so divisive, however, that I increasingly
> wonder whether it wouldn't be sensible to add at least a set of
> preferences to the licensing vote to better understand what people's
> preferred implementation would look like, within the scope of what we
> consider to be legally defensible parameters.

In fact, I believe I have the solution that would satisfy everyone.

Requirement would be to give credit via the credit URL, and by mentioning the
principal authors listed at that URL. What authors will be listed at that URL
is something that we may change at our leisure: for example, this may be the
proposed list of five authors, or none if more than five; or it may be a list
of authors that is no longer than 1% of the length of the article, or none of
longer; or, when appropriate software is developed, the list of principal
authors as recognised by the software; it may even differ from project to
project, for example Wikisource may choose to credit the authors manually (it
is already doing something similar); and so on and so forth.