[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:32:11 UTC 2009

There is an analogous project. The thousands of contributors of
quotations exemplifying use to the Oxford English Dictionary have
their names listed, though not with the items they sent.  the
principal ones are listed separately, but even those who sent in a
single quotation are in a list. I know people who have done just that,
and are quite reasonably very pleased to be included there.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/22 Sam Johnston <samj at samj.net>:
>> What value do they really think they will get from a 2pt credit
>> with 5,000 other authors?
>
> Don't underestimate the enjoyment of looking through the page of
> credits at the back of a printed book and finding your name! People
> like to be acknowledged, even if it doesn't serve any greater purpose.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.