[Foundation-l] Board resolutions (chapters)

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:49:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
<cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow!, just wow. Would you be okay with one country that was
> very tiny having two chapters?

If the very tiny country had enough active wikimedians to create
critical mass for two chapters, and if those two groups found that
they absolutely could not work together and that it would be far
easier for them to organize separately, then yes that would be okay.
The size of the region isn't nearly so important as other factors like
activity level. We also cannot pretend that we know how people in
country X should organize better then those people do themselves.
Organizers will tell us what's right for them, we do not tell them
what is right for them (although we can always make thoughtful
suggestions).

--Andrew Whitworth