[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Wed Jan 21 06:18:08 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 03:23:51 Erik Moeller wrote:
> 2009/1/20 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
> > 1)This isn't legal within anything close to the current wording of the
> > page.
>
> CC General Counsel has confirmed that our proposed attribution model
> is consistent with the language of CC-BY-SA. There is no need to use
> attribution parties - our proposed approach is consistent with 4(c)(i)
> and 4(c)(iii).

Don't know about this wording thing, but as a Wikipedia author, I have to say
that I do not think that attributing me in this way is sufficient. As a
Wikimedian, I believe that a lot of people will feel the same. And as a
programmer, I do not see why is this controversy necessary at all, as a
number of people have presented a variety of solutions that make it possible
to analyse the revisions and extract authors with satisfying accuracy.