[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Attribution and Relicensing

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 18:55:43 UTC 2009

2009/1/20 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
> That doesn't really any of my questions, though I was more looking for an
> answer from Erik or Mike anyway.
>
> It's a fairly important question, since compatibility with other works under
> CC-BY-SA is allegedly the main reason for the relicensing.
>
> Is the question clear?  Maybe I should be even more specific.  How would one
> go about using content from Citizendium in Wikipedia, if Wikipedia
> relicenses content under CC-BY-SA?

Assuming a large number of authors on Citizendium. Use the export
function there to provide the file in a useful format and reactivate
the import function on en to export it (at a pinch is should be
possible to put together a script that can grab the relevant
information and turn it into a file suitable for import to wikipedia
without having to use the export function).

For smaller numbers of authors there are workarounds.

>  How would a third party go about using
> the combined work?

Depends on the context.

--