[Foundation-l] Board resolutions (chapters)

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Tue Jan 20 15:37:59 UTC 2009

Andrew Whitworth wrote:
> 3) It does not represent a "country". It also doesn't represent a
> language or a religion or a skin color. These are not important to us.
> It does represent a group of active Wikimedians, and this IS important
> to us.

There is one more thing that is important however, and this is what laws
does the chapter operate under. These are different from country to
country, from US state to US state, and even on a local level. In
Serbia, some municipalities offer donations to NGOs stationed in them,
and we were considering moving WMRS seat to a richer municipality.
Obviously, it would be even better if we could have one subchapter
stationed in every municipality ;)