[Foundation-l] Board resolutions (chapters)

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:38:06 UTC 2009

[OT]

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 13:34, Sebastian Moleski <sebmol at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is interesting how the "power distance" thing is playing out here. :)
>
> I'm not getting the reference. Can you help?

For Germans, power distance [1] [2] is small, which means, for
example, that it's easy for the employees to go to their boss and talk
about things and make decisions on their own, it makes delegation
easier. For the French, power distance is big, which means hierarchy
is much stronger, and chain of command is more important, which makes
delegation harder.

Of course, there are millions of other factors coming into play at any
given time. But I thought it was interesting to see yours and
Florence's reaction on this.

Delphine

[1] http://www.geert-hofstede.com/ (scroll down the page)
[2] and for a little self promotion: