[Foundation-l] Board resolutions (chapters)

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 09:38:55 UTC 2009

Gerard Meijssen schrieb:
> Hoi,
> So in essence by having a New York chapter, it became impossible to have an
> USA chapter? Or do we need to propose an Amsterdam sub chapter that will get
> all the trimmings like New York? The argument that the USA is so big is not
> that strong either, we could have a Moscow sub chapter or one for Bombay.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM

Yes, having a New York chapter pretty ruled out the possibility of
establishing a USA chapter. But then, the USA chapter was discussed for
quite long time and it is quite unprobably that it would become true in
the near future. There are also suggestions that the WM-NYC could serve
as a seed and gradually expand its covering area at sometime to become a
WM-USA. But that's all speculations. We will see how everything develops.

Again, from the view of fundation WM-NYC is not a "sub chapter" but a
wholevalue chapter. Its area doesn't covers a nation, but that doesn't
make it less or more than the chapters whose area cover a country. And
sub-national or cross-national chapters also may be established
somewhere else than USA, right.

As far as I know, there are already two organizations in the
Netherlands, why would you want to create an Amsterdam chapter and what
is the beneficial of it? Or is the question just theoretical?

Greetings
Ting