[Foundation-l] Language codes to rename

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 02:16:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Marcus Buck <me at marcusbuck.org> wrote:
> We got 6 million bucks, ain't we?

First of all, I hate how people say this. :-)  We have had a budget
drafted that required $6 million, we achieved that -- that doesn't
mean we just have $6 million lying around to do whatever we want with
it.  It wouldn't have been budgeted in if it wasn't going to be used.

> Perhaps we should extend our tech
> staff a little bit. (Looking at the Bugzilla backlog, looking at the
> many features we are waiting for since years [global preferences for
> example], etc.) I don't suggest that Brion and the tech staff do a bad
> job. I'm sure they are doing their best. But obviously they need more help.

Yes, if you follow the Job openings you'll see that there are a few
technology positions open:
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Job_openings>.  There's one
general one and two Stanton Grant-related ones.

Also, if you read more on the page you'll see: "We are also likely to
continue to expand our technical team in the coming year. If you are
interested in working for us, please review our past Software
Developer and System Administrator...While we do not have any
technology openings right now, we would like to engage in dialog with
people who are as passionate as we are."

So yeah, they're actively seeking help.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023