[Foundation-l] GFDL Q&A update and question

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Sat Jan 17 00:50:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I'm curious: why isn't a copyright notice displayed at the bottom of
> > each article, stating the copyright owners of the material?
>
> Because the copyright owners is often a very long list. The notice:
> "All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation
> License. (See Copyrights for details.)" is displayed, and that's
> pretty much all that is practical. Another link to the history page
> might be good, I guess.

Perhaps this could read something like:

"All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation
License. (See Copyrights for details and History for contribut[ions|ors].)"

I hope we can get to the point where referencing the article itself is
enough both for the copyright notices and the attribution(s) - refer to
other thread.

Sam