[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Attribution and Relicensing

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Sat Jan 17 00:11:25 UTC 2009

2009/1/16 Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com>:
> Attribution here can only be a very *minimal* requirement,
> I cannot see how the whole history of alterations could be
> somehow swept under the carpet...

Are you referring to indicating changes? Per CC-BY-SA, 3.b:

... to create and Reproduce Adaptations provided that any such
Adaptation, including any translation in any medium, takes reasonable
steps to clearly label, demarcate or otherwise identify that changes
were made to the original Work. For example, a translation could be
marked "The original work was translated from English to Spanish," or
a modification could indicate "The original work has been modified.";
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation