[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Attribution and Relicensing

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Fri Jan 16 22:29:36 UTC 2009

What is an attribution-by-history-reference? How come it has to be a
url and not something like:

The term Bushism is a neologism that refers to a number of peculiar
words, phrases, pronunciations, malapropisms, and semantic or
linguistic errors that have occurred in the public speaking of United
States President George W. Bush. (Wikipedia, Bushism)

Isn't this the spirit of the new license? It lets you know that
somewhere in the history of the Wikipedia article on Bushism you can
find the author(s) of this piece of text. You could make it easier to
find the author by allowing per-article history search in the
software.