[Foundation-l] How to dismantle a language committee

Muhammad Alsebaey shipmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 06:21:39 UTC 2009

Milos,

With all due respect to all the work Gerard has done, my issue with him is
simple (should be apparent by now), he approved EA based on a mail exchange
he had with only one committee member, painted that in a public email as a
unanimous decision, and it turned out that 4 of his committee members were
inactive at the time and at least one (I have not heard from the others yet)
had at least some issues with the decision. I will be completely satisfied
with a simple acknowledgment that the process was faulty, and that he is
willing to work to rectify it for the future, as of now, I only see that he
sees absolutely nothing wrong with what happened.  I just want to see a
clear path for that not to happen again in LangCom, I have been encouraged
by Jesse's comments, but they still remain pretty much in contrast with the
position Gerard maintains.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Alsebaey