[Foundation-l] How to dismantle a language committee

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 05:53:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 2:46 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/11 Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>:
>> Jimmy, just to remind you that people in one academic institution in
>> Belgrade laughed when you mentioned Bosnian language in 2005. But,
>> things are somewhat changed now.
>
> Not really. There is still little evidence that it is a language
> distinct from the rest of the Central-South Slavic diasystem.

1. If you are really interested in linguistic issues, please avoid
folk linguistics. Try with Peter Trudgill's works [1].

2. I didn't express any kind of opinion related to outsiders. Or you
want to tell me that you know better the cultural climate in Belgrade?

3. Besides two first issues, you completely missed the point. Those
persons didn't laugh when Jimmy mentioned Serbian and Croatian, but
they laughed when he mentioned Bosnian.

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Trudgill