[Foundation-l] Why is the software out of reach of the community?

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Sun Jan 11 02:08:31 UTC 2009

Simetrical,  a general comment on your reply: I do not believe it is fair to
reply to parts of sentences. It lead to several replies that were clearly
out of context. I want to clarify one of my sentences that you broke into
parts:

> Why must the community 'vote' on extensions such as Semantic MediaWiki and
yet the developers can implement any feature they like, any way they like
it?

I was not disputing that the community should vote: In fact, I believe all
code that is written should be a result of a) community vote and b) rational
oversight provided by the foundation, but at a higher level than the core
developers.