[Foundation-l] GFDL Q&A update and question

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Jan 10 18:44:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>wrote:

> In a way you remind me of the pope, you want to dictate the rules but you
> do
> not play the game. Your idea of what the WMF and its projects should be are
> not shared by all, for from it.

But I own the copyright on the content I contributed, so I do get to dictate
the rules.  As for not playing the game, I'm not sure what game you're
referring to.  If people want to use a different license, that's fine with
me.  But if you want my content, you follow my rules.

> The attitude you show is a proprietary one. You make it seem as if you can
> prevent the move to a more appropriate license from happening with you
> posturing.. I do resent this.

I care to prevent the relicensing *of my content* to CC-BY-SA.  Remove my
content, and you won't hear from me on the license issue again (unless you
choose to read my blog or the blog of the non-profit Internet Review
Corporation).