[Foundation-l] GFDL Q&A update and question

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Jan 10 07:38:24 UTC 2009

Anthony wrote:

> My complaint was that the WMF was (and still is) copying and
> distributing my copyrighted content in a manner other than that
> expressly provided under any license I have granted them.

Apart from the "expressly" provided (GFDL), there is the tradition
of how Wikipedia and other wikis "have always worked", namely that
we sometimes cut-and-paste text between articles without fully
attributing the original author.  This is how wikis work, and if
you don't like it, you better not contribute your text.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)