[Foundation-l] GFDL Q&A update and question

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 20:57:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> Secondly you hit the issue that the license states that attribution
> should be reasonable "reasonable to the medium or means". Quite apart
> from the problem that this will vary from legal system to legal system
> the range of medium means that the resources needed for the guidance
> section are immense consider:
>
> Plastic models
> stained galss
> Globes with maps on them
> Cameo (carving)
> Wood pannel painting
> knitting
> Portrait photographs
> Ceramic sculpture
> metal cannon models
> maps
> computer games
> documentaries
> quiz books
> magazines
> Ceramic cups
> Engravings on Tankards
> music on magnetic tapes
> music by popular beat combos on vinyl records popularly known as ah "45s"
> etc
>
> All of which I can see without moveing from where I'm sitting or
> indeed turning around.

Ha! I would like to immediately challenge community members to come up
with some way to reuse wikimedia content in one of the media listed by
geni, above... (a knitted article, authors embroidered on the back?
An engraved-tankard with PD picture? A spoken-wikipedia 45?). Best
example brought to Wikimania this summer will win a prize, with
categories: most creative, best craftsmanship, best use of/compliance
with the GFDL, etc. If a contributor sues you over content reuse, I'll
help pay the legal fees, any items produced/sold commercially
excepted.

-- phoebe