[Foundation-l] Fundraiser update

Anders Wegge Keller wegge at wegge.dk
Thu Jan 8 00:06:03 UTC 2009

geni <geniice at gmail.com> writes:

>>  Having no banners and no servers to serve the artuicles are even
>> worse. Having payed the dangeld to get rid of them, I think most are
>> happy being acknowledged for the fact.

> You miss the point. The banners are not fundraising any more (unless
> you collapse them)

 Most of the whining you have seen is about the actual fundraising
banners. Unless you google alaert for wikipedia and wikimedia gives
you other results than mine.

>>  I don't agree on that point. Having extorted 6+ million $ out of
>> the readers with a Jesus headline, and then switching the thank you
>> note to leagal flyspeck, would send the wrong signal. If we NEED
>> Joe Bloggs meney, we'd better THANK him in the same way. Otherwise
>> he may OVERLOOK the plea next time it comes around.

> Any evidence for those claims? And how about thanking him by not
> degrading his wikipedia experience?

 I claim nothing else than it's my own opinion. Excuse me for getting
that part wrong (I'm not a native english speaker), but I would've
thought that "I think" would indicate that.

--
/Wegge