[Foundation-l] What to do with moribund languages?

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sun Jan 4 11:25:10 UTC 2009

> My proposal is to do the next in the cases of moribund languages:
> * Reject proposal for project creation.
> * Suggesting them to put their language corpus at [multilingual]
> Wikisource.
> * Allowing them to work on Incubator if they really want to spend some
> efforts on language revival.
> * If a project at Incubator shows possibilities to be a live one, they
> may ask for project again, when they will have to pass all necessary
> steps (localization of MediaWiki and so on).
>
> This is a kind of a "political issue", so I prefer to see discussion
> here before discussion at Language subcommittee.

All such proposals will be rejected according to the rules anyway, since
there is no native speaker among the proposers. And if there is such a
speaker, or even a couple of speakers, I do not see any reason to reject
the proposal. Let them flow their own way. Only unreasonable and vandal
requests should be speedily closed.

Cheers
Yaroslav